Narutard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Narutard Forum

Anime discusion forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite Band?

Go down 
+6
Katana
Lee
jimpo777Qx
Nieles
Admin
wolfy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
wolfy
Genin
Genin
wolfy

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-04-12

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 6:10 pm

Alright i know Admins is Nickleback and mines 3 days grace(IM NOT A GOTH)sooooooo whats yours?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2007-04-11

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 12:01 pm

you know mine.
whats 3 day grace like? what kind of music?
Back to top Go down
https://narutard.niceboard.com
wolfy
Genin
Genin
wolfy

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 4:13 pm

go to youtube and hear the song pain or animal i have become only songs i like from em
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 6:20 pm

My brother loves those songs!
Back to top Go down
wolfy
Genin
Genin
wolfy

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 5:28 pm

...uhh...whatever music suits you best Favorite Band? 345542
Back to top Go down
Nieles
Web Master
Web Master
Nieles

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 2:57 am

METALLICA RULEZZZ
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kakashisama
jimpo777Qx
Acadamy Student
Acadamy Student
jimpo777Qx

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-04-29

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 4:56 pm

slipknot hands down

fav songs

my plague
the heretic anthem
pulse of the maggots
wait and bleed
before i forget
eyeless

(and you(Altrdwolf) thought u were,or sounded emo
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 6:01 pm

you just said that because he said he was not, did'nt you.
Back to top Go down
Lee
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Lee

Number of posts : 1592
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 6:50 pm

LINKIN PARK!!!! They don't even have one bad song!!!*dances to the beat of Nobudy's listening* Nope not one bad song. But my fave songs of them are,

One step Closer, Nobudy's listening, Crawling, in the end, Faint, Numb, With You, Don't Stay, and my fave sobg of all time. Lying from you. I love that song. It reminds me so much of the relationship with my dad. A lot there songs do so GO LINKIN PARK.
Back to top Go down
Katana
Genin
Genin
Katana

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 7:08 am

Favorite band... Favorite band... I'm torn between Cradle of Filth and Metallica. ^^;

x
Back to top Go down
http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/mushroomkatana
Stance Punk
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Stance Punk

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 6:26 pm

Finch.

Last edited by on Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stance_punkt
Lee
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Lee

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 7:47 pm

True, its not the greatest Amv in the world but I love this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNpS6wQZKMk

And beleive it or not my mom loves this song. She's the one who showed it to me. I've got a weird mom^_^

O yeah and Itachi, I can't tell because my computer doesn't have sound. Now is Drake Bells music like Heavy metal or all soft?
Back to top Go down
Nieles
Web Master
Web Master
Nieles

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 8:25 am

well i like heavy metal , rock and normal metal.. i think i and stance are on the most line the same if its about music...
Back to top Go down
Lee
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Lee

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 1:53 pm

So then is it heavy metal or not?
Back to top Go down
Nieles
Web Master
Web Master
Nieles

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 2:23 pm

the most guys who listen listen metal overall...,
Back to top Go down
Stance Punk
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Stance Punk

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 7:01 pm

Anybody like 'Panic! At the Disco'?

Back to top Go down
Katana
Genin
Genin
Katana

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 12:05 pm

Metal rules! ^.^

x
Back to top Go down
http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/mushroomkatana
Lee
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Lee

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 11:04 pm

I LOVE LINKIN PARK. But the guys in that band are really ugly or just not my type. But still I LOVE LININ PARK!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hoshigaki Kisame
Acadamy Student
Acadamy Student
Hoshigaki Kisame

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 5:25 pm

I like....Blind Guardian, The Killers, Eiffel 65, Godsmack, and Cold. They're all Hard Rock and normal Rock, except Eiffel 65, that's euro-dance!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ninjacademy.co.nr
Shun
Genin
Genin
Shun

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 4:55 am

three days grace
they just pwn other bands
Back to top Go down
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Anime_Temple/index.php?act=idx
Stance Punk
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Stance Punk

Favorite Band? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Favorite Band? 82599796_l
Started in the late 1990s

Finch
Current Members:
Nate Barcalow - Vocalist
Alex "Grizz" Linares - Guitarist
Randy "R2K" Strohmeyer - Guitarist
Drew Dawggy Marcogliese - Drummer
Daniel Wonacott - Bass

Former Members:
  • Alex Pappas - Drum kit|drums, percussion
  • Derek Doherty - bass
  • Marc Allen - Guitar

Finch's song, "Ink" appeared in EA's Madden NFL '06 (2005) and Burnout Revenge (2005)
    Finch also contributed a song to the 2003 Underworld soundtrack, entitled "Worms of the Earth". The track was also included on Atticus: ...dragging the lake, Vol. 2 under the title "Worms of the Universe", which is a compilation album released by Atticus Clothing.
    During this period the band was at the height of their career and soon began the writing process for their next album. Derek Doherty and Randy Strohmeyer were involved in the progressive rock band The Sound of Animals Fighting which was recorded during their Say Hello to Sunshine sessions.

On July 31, 2004, members of the band were involved in a conflict with members of the band Disturbed at The Rolling Rock Town Fair in Latrobe, PA. The quarrel is thought to have rooted from comments made by members of Finch about Disturbed singer David Draiman and his band.

Disturbed and Finch got into an onstage brawl at the Rolling Rock Town Fair in Latrobe, PA earlier today. The fight, which took place while Finch were preparing to take the stage, was reportedly the culmination of an ongoing feud between the two bands stemming from an interview Finch gave to MeanStreet magazine in late 2002. In that interview, Finch guitarist Randy Strohmeyer said about Disturbed singer David Draiman, "I'd shoot him in the fucking head. I'd rip his stupid little piercings out. They're just cheesy. It bums me out because their music is terrible, and what they're about, it's just shit. Hopefully all that music will die out soon, and hopefully it will make room for the good music."

A posting at the Finch web site regarding today's incident reads as follows:
    "To anyone who either witnessed or heard about today's incident at the Rolling Rock Town Fair. While we were setting up, one of the members of Disturbed, [guitarist] Dan Donegan, was harassing us from the side of the stage. Before we were to play, Randy (our guitarist) walked over to Dan to explain that the comments he made a few years ago were a joke, and to give him a friendly handshake. Dan proceeded to assault Randy and Disturbed singer, David Draiman, attacked Mike Herrara (our drum tech), which caused a fight to ensue. We want everyone to know that Finch did not start this fight. However, we do not take kindly to being assaulted or having our lives threatened. We would like this little conflict to be resolved as soon as possible, but we will not give in to bullying bands threatening us or our fans."

Founding band member drummer Alex Pappas left the band due to musical differences; he was replaced by Marc Allen. Pappas would later form Redgun Radar. The band took their time recording the album and often scrapped songs in order to record new ones. Finch finally released Say Hello To Sunshine on June 7, 2005. The first single of the album was "Bitemarks & Bloodstains" and was also the first song the band wrote for the album. In an interview Nate Barcalow stated that "Bitemarks makes the transition between the old and the new sound."

The band broke up and said this:

"Through much thought and deliberation, the five of us have decided to take an indefinite break from Finch. Amongst the many reasons for our decision, our individual priorities just lie in different places. We can’t express how grateful we are to all of you for the past five years. We’ve had the opportunity to play the music we love for a living. The five of us will always feel lucky for that. Again, thank you all so much for the love and support you’ve given us. A special thanks as well, to all who have worked closely with us over the years to make things happen. A list of names would just be too long. You know who you are."

Nate Barcalow became the vocalist of Cosmonaut.
    Marc Allen joined Helen Earth Band.
    Randy Strohmeyer worked on a project called Gazillionaire with former Finch touring manager, Nick Mendoza.
    Alex Linares continued his education.
    Derek Doherty is involved in real estate.
    Alex Pappas played drums for Redgun Radar before they disbanded in 2007. He is currently playing drums for The Loving Lost.

On October 25, 2007 guitarist Randy Strohmeyer posted a blog on Finch's MySpace Site saying: "FINCH IS BACK! IT'S TRUE!! I couldn't be more excited to confirm the news. We're playing the day after Thanksgiving Nov. 23rd. Please stay tuned for more details. I love all of you. I'm so happy!! Thanks for reading, Please please come! - R2K"

Finch will be playing various dates on the west coast and in the southwest in January 2008 and has plans for an east coast tour.

Finch's song "Letters to you was #39 on the UK charts in 2002
    What it is to burn was #15 on the US charts in 2003
    Bitemarks and Bloodstains was #13 in the US and #82 in the UK in 2005

Leader Singer:
    Nate Barcalow
    Spoiler:

Guitarists:

Alex "Grizz" Linares

Spoiler:

Randy Strohmeyer
    Spoiler:

Drummer:

Drew Dawggy Marcogliese
    Spoiler:

Bass:

Daniel Wonnacott
    Spoiler:

FORMER BAND MEMBERS

Spoiler:

• Last edited by on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Lee
    Special Jounin
    Special Jounin
    Lee

Favorite Band? Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:13 am

JESUS CHRIST. lol. biggest post EVER.

COOL!!!! disturbed vs. finch. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!! ( i can't help it. i like violence. Very Happy )

lol. but i don't get why they left in the first place. and why there getting back together for seeemingly no reason.

p.s. I love you
    Back to top Go down
    Stance Punk
    Special Jounin
    Special Jounin
    Stance Punk

Favorite Band? Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:39 am

Have you heard the one about the Drive-Thru band that started off in high school sounding suspiciously like one of its major influences before finding its own sound and catching the ear of the eminent label?

Sure you have, only the story didn't quite go the way this one does. Finch didn't start off by aping the sounds of Blink 182, or Jimmy Eat World, or any of the other usual suspects. In fact, that was the furthest thing from their mind.

"We were pretty much a Deftones ripoff band," singer Nate admits sheepishly. In those days, the Temecula, California based band was called Numb, but it was essentially the same band. Except for one key element, that is: Randy.

Initially recruited as a second guitarist to bolster Numb's sound, Randy's musical interests were hardly shared with the rest of the band. "Temecula is really cliquey. I had my surfer/skater friends, and we'd listen to punk rock," says Randy. "When I was first in the band, everyone hated punk except Derek."

So what attracted them to Randy of all people? "I was in this band called Evitca Fresh. We were playing our bass player Jeremy's birthday, and Numb came to watch us play," Randy explains. "Derek (Numb/Finch's bassist) came up to me after the show and he goes, ˜Hey, your girlfriend's hot!" And I'm like, "What? Thanks, I guess."

"It kind of creeped me out," Randy continues. "But then he pursued me a few days later, and he was like, ˜You're a good guitar player, dude. You should come play for our band!"

A dubious beginning, no doubt, but when Randy finally decided to enter the fold it would prove a major turning point for the band.

"Randy's totally influenced by punk, so he brought that element, and it started changing things," says Nate. "He introduced us to things like Jimmy Eat World and emo-ish stuff, too. Everyone started listening to it and getting our own ideas. It's been a little over a year and a half since we've all been working together, and the music has changed so much since then."

It's not that Randy became the architect of a new sound for the band, but the clash of his punk and emo influences with their heavier ones brought Finch collectively to something that wasn't exactly any of those things.

"We're waiting for someone to throw us into a category” because we don't really know what genre we are, either," says Nate. "There are so many different elements and different ideas in our music that it's hard to classify."

"It's just our style now," echoes Randy. "We're all on the same wavelength. We developed our style together, we built it up, so now we all write similar songs."

The addition of Randy didn't just broaden the newly renamed Finch's approach to music. It changed their entire perspective on being a band. Up to that point, the thought of inking a record deal hadn't even crossed their minds.

"I was working and doing school, and the band was just something else to do. I didn't really care if we got signed or not," says Nate. "But when we hooked up with Randy, he kept talking about Drive-Thru Records."

As it turns out, Randy had kept in touch with Drive-Thru since writing a fan letter to the label years earlier. He'd even tried to pique the label's interest with his previous bands. Needless to say, when Randy told his new band mates about his relationship with the label, he was met with a bit of excitement.

"Richard (Drive-Thru Record's owner) was like, "All right, come and play for me," says Randy. "So we rented a studio. Richard wasn't even stoked, he was just doing it as a favor. But we went up there and played, and he was blown away."

So blown away, in fact, that he called his sister and Drive-Thru co-owner Stefanie into the studio to check the band out. She was duly impressed , and Finch was offered a contract on the spot.

Which just about brings us up to date. Finch's debut, a four-song EP produced by Chris Fudurich (The Hippos, Rx Bandits), will be in stores on Drive-Thru on October 9, 2001.

The band has been working on its first full length with producer Mark Trombino (Blink 182, Jimmy Eat World, Midtown), which ought to give you an idea of the faith the label has in its new signing. Finch's sound continues to grow in new directions, although they're no closer to being able to tell you just what genre that sound fits into. And the plan from here is simple:"We're gonna finish our album, and then we're gonna go on tour and get homesick," says Randy. "And then we'll come back for a little bit, and go on tour and get homesick again, until we turn 30 and we're Drive-Thru has-beens."
    Back to top Go down
    Lee
    Special Jounin
    Special Jounin
    Lee

Favorite Band? Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:29 pm

Laughing did u copy and paste that? I love you
    Back to top Go down
    Stance Punk
    Special Jounin
    Special Jounin
    Stance Punk

Favorite Band? Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:04 pm

Laughing mostly.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Favorite Band? Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Favorite Band?   Favorite Band? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Band?
    Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next