Narutard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Narutard Forum

Anime discusion forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Katana
Genin
Genin
Katana

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-05-12

The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Empty
PostSubject: The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?   The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 3:18 am

I am an Atheist, so I don't believe in god or religion, but I can understand why people have religions, and I can understand why some feel happy in being able to believe in a higher power. However, fanatics and preachers give religion a bad name, so when a person states their religion, others can't help but think of those religious fanatics that think Harry Potter books are evil.

I think that the good points of religion are things that one cannot type, because to each person that believes in it, there are different benefits and good points.
However, there are many bad points. As I have stated above, fanatics and preachers are two of those bad points. Fanatics are the overly-overly-overly religious people, and preachers are -well, y'know- people that try to convert others to their religions.

Fanatics go overboard with their religion. The men seem to become abusive, women and their ideas become oppressed, and the minds of these fanatics become so narrow and they become so ignorant, and they become hypocrites, as most fanatics seem to do things they're against. This does not apply to only the three main religions -Islam, Judaism, and Christianity- but it applies to ALL religions in the world.

Preachers, the worst in my opinion, go around trying to convert people. I think this is retarded. Nobody likes it when others try to shove beliefs and opinions down their throats, yet preachers never seem to give up. It's absolutely infuriating. They are also fanatics, except they are even more hypocritical.

What are your opinions on FANATICS and PREACHERS?

Also, the effects of religion... Are they negative or positive?

For example: Look at the bombing done 'in the name of Islam'. Now, these people that bomb 'in the name of Islam' are actually only using their religion AS AN EXCUSE. If they actually gave a **** about their religion, they wouldn't bomb, because -well- in their religion, killing and destruction are NOT allowed. They use Islam, so that people start ganging up against moslems, who then end up ALSO joining the terrorist groups, because of the unfair judgement of the religion as a whole.

This makes religion a NEGATIVE thing, because all the people in one religion will be JUDGED based on their religion, rather than as individuals, and it will also be used as an EXCUSE to do whatever they want.

As I have said before, religious fanatics are ignorant. Very ignorant. So, their scornful attitude towards everything both they and their religion dislike, and their 'holier-than-thou' attitude towards non-fanatics, people of other religions, and Atheists (like myself) is highly aggravating, and gives off a negative vibe from those religions.

However, religions also seem to bring together many people with the same beliefs, making fanatics able to socialize, and for the more easy-going members of the religion to have a bit more fun, too.

Another thing, most WARS that were started were because of RELIGION. World War II, especially.

In the world today, though, religion is a negative thing, as even the slightest mention of it will start raising doubts and questions about the people.

Sadly, in this world today, most people seem to be ignorant and closed minded towards eachother and their beliefs.

What do YOU think?

x
Back to top Go down
http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/mushroomkatana
Lee
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Lee

Number of posts : 1592
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?   The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:57 am

Before I start, I will say I am Christian/protestant(whatever ya wanna call it.) i'm not a holy roller or obsessed. But however, i do pray when I go to bed, i don't go to church, i don't even read my bible that often, infact, i don't even know where it is. People accually think I'm athiest, just cus I'm goth. I don't like preachers because they always try to convert people. Its not that that makes them bad people. Its just that they never just let anyone alone. All they do is convert convert convert. Its accually rather annoying. They try and convert me and I'm already christian. People need to respect and acknoledge the veiws and religions of others.

I think religion is both a good and bad thing. For example, when England did the crusades, they used god as an exuse to invade and take Jerusalem. But many of the men, really thought they were serveing God, when infact they were only serveing the pope. They were told countless lies. Religion in this sense is a BAD thing. But when a religion tells you to love your people, and be nice, yada yada yada, its a good thing because it makes u want to do good things. Religion can be both a good and bad thing, as Mushroom-chan has repeadidly said. Any religion can turn out like the crusade or like 9/11.

As for if religion is good or bad, i'd have to say, its a bit of both.
Back to top Go down
wolfy
Genin
Genin
wolfy

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?   The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:17 pm

They are only following what seems right to their religion. It is only minupulation of their religion that makes them bomb by the name of islam. the creator of islam would never want them to bomb themselves to kill other people he just wanted people to have an orderly way of living not commiting suicide in the name of the religion. I am not a believer of any religion yet i am not an atheist because i am not against any religion. If you are atheist to not oppose any religion because you might indeed someones feelings. because the people of islam. Do not judge groups only people. It makes them feel, feel like they are guilty on trial and now will suffer and rot in jail because all of the people will make them outcasts and give them dirty looks because someone who believed in the same religion supposedly "for the good of their religion exploded and destroyed a bunch of people" i for one always feel sorry for those outcasted people and hope some day they can live without those dirty looks and threats.

-altrdwolf
p.s. i do not know if i got carried away do not reply to my message. it is a read only kind of a deal.
Back to top Go down
wizardoftheninja
Genin
Genin
wizardoftheninja

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-04-14

PostSubject: Re: The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?   The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:23 pm

my gusse on being cathholic is that it sucks to be a kid and go to church. fisrt the preist aks the parentes fur the kid to go to " confesion " next thing u know u wke up on a chounch halfe naked tied up with the priest standin next *****ing touching u!
Back to top Go down
Lee
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Lee

PostSubject: Re: The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?   The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:06 am

O.O....did that really happen to u?
Back to top Go down
Katana
Genin
Genin
Katana

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?   The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 9:45 am

It happened to a friend of mine. >.<

x
Back to top Go down
http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/mushroomkatana
Lee
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Lee

PostSubject: Re: The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?   The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:20 pm

awwwwwwwwwww. T.T Poor guy!!
Back to top Go down
Stance Punk
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Stance Punk

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?   The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 8:06 pm

Laughing some people think im satanistic but infact, i am a Christian.

P.S. Slipknot isn't a satanistic band. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6NdY-KFRyM Most of the members are actually Christians. That's what they said in an interview.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stance_punkt
Lee
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Lee

PostSubject: Re: The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?   The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 4:24 am

Laughing there actually quite sane and civil in those interviews.
Back to top Go down
Stance Punk
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Stance Punk

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?   The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Lee wrote:

BULLSHIT. Laughing

See how "sane and civil" Slipknot is in the interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT86zMwlTaM

Watch Shawn be so "civilized". Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stance_punkt
wizardoftheninja
Genin
Genin
wizardoftheninja

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-04-14

PostSubject: Re: The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?   The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:40 pm

o it didn't happen to me but itdose happen
Back to top Go down
Lee
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Lee

PostSubject: Re: The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?   The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 5:25 pm

Stance Punk wrote:
Lee wrote:

BULLSHIT. Laughing

See how "sane and civil" Slipknot is in the interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT86zMwlTaM

Watch Shawn be so "civilized". Laughing

there civilised when they wanna be!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?   The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Effects Of Religion - Negative or Positive - Other?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Narutard Forum :: Entertainment Centre :: Debate Section-
Jump to: